Day Trips From Cusco to Machu Picchu
Day trips from Cusco to Machu Picchu 6 Days 5 Nights
With this tour package Day Trips From Cusco, we can visit the very important touristic places, Magical Peru Expeditions will take you to know many different archeological places, each place conserves their own traditions, our expert guide will explain about all of that.
- Arrival to Cusco – City Tour
- Sacred Valley of The Incas
- Machu Picchu
- Maras And Moray
- Valle Sur
- Cusco Departure
DAY 01.- CUSCO IN – CITY TOUR
Once your arrival to Cusco. with this program Day trips from Cusco, Firstly, you will be greeted by our staff. Secondly, you’ll be transferred to your selected hotel, at the same time, we will give you a short briefing, then you’ll have all morning for resting and acclimatizing.
In the afternoon there will be time to explore Cusco this time we are doing City Tour, 4 important places to visit, Sacsayhuaman, Quenqo, Pucapucara, and Tambomachay.
DAY 02.- SACRED VALLEY OF THE INCAS
pick up time for this second day, will be around 8.00 AM. Then we are heading to the Sacred Valley, one of the most important places in Cusco.
The Sacred Valley of the Incas was an important area for the Incas Empire, and it functioned as an agricultural place, political and spiritual center for them.
On our way to the Sacred Valley, day trips from Cusco this time, we will stop at a famous place known El Mirador (lookout point) from there we can see the sacred valley and gain some insight into the Inca history. As follows, we are going to the archeological place Pisaq;
Our guide will explain to us about the history and the secrets of the Inca Empire, after that, we are going to visit Pisaq Market. Likewise, having a clear explanation, we are going to Urubamba town there we will have our delicious lunch.
Now following, our trip this time you will be at the archeological complex of Ollantaytambo. Firstly, this place functioned as a religious site, political and agricultural places, our tour guide will explain us extensively, and deeply.
Finally, we are going to visit our last place Chinchero. Once we get it here we can see the archeological place and the church also we can visit one of the textile factories, to see how they can do different types of hand make clothes. after visiting those places, you will drop you off at your hotel
- Accommodation: Casa Andina, Siete Ventanas, Mamasara and Prisma hotel (all the hotel are 3 stars)
DAY 03.- MACHU PICCHU
This place is considered one of the most important energy center in the world,
Today, the representative of Magical Peru will take you to the train station at the agreed time; however, we should be 30 minutes before the train departures, usually, we go directly in a taxi to the train stations in Ollantaytambo town. To get it here normally takes 1. an hour and 30 minutes from Cusco to Ollantaytambo Town, however, there is also, Poroy station, to get it here it takes 25 minutes in a taxi from Cusco.
On our way from Ollantaytambo to Aguas Calientes town, we will see important places, the views out of your train windows will be absolutely spectacular, we are going all the way along the sacred Valley river called Rio Urubamba(Willcamayu) until Aguas Calientes, once we get it here, our guide will be waiting for us to take to the shuttle bus, after that this bus will take us to the amazing Citadel of Machu Picchu.
Our tour guide will be explained to us for about 2 hours and then you’ll have free time to explore by yourself. then we will take the bus down to Aguas Calientes, after lunch, we are going to take the train back to Ollantaytambo, and a bus to Cusco, this is the end of the day trips in Cusco.
DAY 04.- MARAS MORAY
The staff of Magical Peru Expeditions. firstly, will come to your hotel to pick you up at 8.00 Am. Secondly, we are heading to the stunning Inca Site Moray also known as “the greenhouse of the Incas”. In this place, there is a different level of terraces that are carved into huge circular bowl.
These terraces have varied microclimates depending on how deep the terrace runs into the bowl, the purpose of the Incas was to discover the optimal growing conditions for the crops. Following, our time trip; now we are continually driven towards, the colonial town of Maras and to the pre-Incas Salt Mines “Salinas” thousands of saltpans have been used for salt extraction since before the Incas Times, this salt is used now for human and animal consumption.
After that, we are heading to Ollantaytambo to take our train to Aguas Calientes.
DAY 05.- PIKILLACTA – ANDAHUAYLILLAS
Breakfast. 09: 00hrs We will start the trip to the part in Cusco to visit the Pre-Inca complex of Pikillaqta, famous because according to the history in this place the warlike encounters between troops Chancas and Waris, to be settled by the Quechuas, Continuing the trip visiting Andahuaylillas which is characterized by having the Sistine Chapel of the Americas, which has vaults and fresco paintings, then we will taste the bread from Cusco in Oropesa. Return to the hotel, free afternoon to make purchases. Night.
DAY 06.- CUSCO DEPARTURE
Breakfast. At the appropriate time, transfer to the station or airport.
- Transfer Airport – Hotel – Airport
- 05 Nights accommodation in Cusco + Breakfast
- HD City Tour + 4 archaeological ruins
- Fd Sacred Valley
- Fd Machu Picchu
- FD Maras Moray
- FD Pikillacta – Andahuaylillas
- 1 Buffet Lunch Urubamba – Rest. TUNUPA
- 1 Buffet Lunch Aguas Calientes
- Bilingual Professional Guide (Spanish – English)
- Assistance during the entire trip
- All entries
- Train to Machu Picchu with the Inca Rail Company or Service Expedition with Perurail (Round Trip)
- Bus to Machu Picchu. (Round trip)
- Entrance to Machu Picchu
DOES NOT INCLUDE
- FLIGHTS (International and Local)
- Food according to the itinerary.
- Travel Insurance – you are highly recommended to take your travel insurance for the duration of your travel.
- Entrance to Huayna Picchu $ 25
What you need to bring
- Original passport
- Tennis shoes or trainers
- Long and comfortable pants and wind jacket
- Sweater and light shirt
- Jacket or poncho for rain: in any season it can rain
- Camera with a full battery and lots of memory!
- Insect repellent (for sand flies)
- Sunblock and sunglasses
- Personal first aid kit (personal medicines)
- Water bottle with 1-2 liters of water
- Lightweight backpack
- Appetizers (everything is more expensive in Aguas Calientes!)
- Flashlight if you plan to walk to MP early in the morning
From $ 680.00 dollars per person
The price depends on the options taken by each passenger, please contact us to send you an updated price based on your specific request. Please send us the following information and we will respond within 24 hours with the updated price.
- Number of people in your group
- Accommodation level (3 Superior, 4.5 *). Please, check the options.
- Private Visit or Group
- Choice of a train. Please, check the options
- Add options: if you want to add one day tours, additional days, meals, etc.
- Has a special request (ie: special diet, wheelchair, children, senior, etc.)