Huchuy Qosqo Trek to Machu Picchu 3 days
03 Days – Huchuy Qosqo Trek to Machu Picchu
Huchuy Qosqo trek to Machu Picchu is a very pleasant and not-so-challenging option that combines nature, original Inca manufacturing trails, visit the community and a guided tour of the little-known Inca site of Huchuy Qosqo. This route will take you off beaten tracks and out of the crowds of the most popular treks, but it will still keep you immersed in the fascinating things that Peru has to offer.
- Cusco – Tambomachay – Quenqo
- Quenqo – Huchuy Qosqo – Lamay – Aguas Calientes
- Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu – Cusco
DAY 1: CUSCO – TAMBOMACHAY – QENQO
We will start the Huchuy Qosqo trek 3 days, this tour in the outskirts of Cusco, our road will lead us through mountains, small valleys, communities and we will pass beautiful mountain lakes. With large expanses of grasslands and large lakes, this area is home to a wide variety of birds, including Andean geese (Wayatas), partridges and different birds that we will see, as well as a variety of birds of prey, regularly seen during the day.
Our goal of the day will be the town of Qenko located near Lake Qoricocha (Laguna de Oro). Qenko is a traditional Andean community; located higher than Cusco or the Sacred Valley, people here still preserve their customs and traditions since past times, most of the residents generate their income through the raising of llamas and alpacas. As only a few tourists visit this town, generally the villagers are very friendly they still practice the old customs so it will be an unforgettable day
DAY 2: QENKO – HUCHUY QOSQO – LAMAY – AGUAS CALIENTES
This day To Huchuy Qosqo Trek To Machu Picchu, we have two main objectives: learning about the customs and culture of the Andean people and a visit to the Inca site of Huchuy Qosqo. When we wake up early, our guide will take us to one of the houses on the site, where we will meet a local family. People are incredibly welcoming and are as eager to learn about you as you are from them; Since the inhabitants of this area do not receive many visits, they will always be interested in learning about you. After the visit, you will have the opportunity to give the local people any gift you have brought and also to buy something made by the local community.
After the visit, we will go to Huchuy Qosqo trek to Machu Picchu. The route follows an original Inca Trail that will lead us through a beautiful and isolated valley, full of native plants, flowers, and birds. You will really feel as if you were in another world compared to the tall meadows that we left behind. In total it will take around two and a half hours to reach Huchuy Qosqo, after a short break to enjoy beautiful views of the Sacred Valley, you will have a guided tour inside the site to learn more about the Inca people and their culture. In the afternoon we will go to the Sacred Valley to the town of Lamay, where we will take a bus to Ollantaytambo and then a train to Aguas Calientes.
Accommodation at our hot water hotel
DAY 3: MACHU PICCHU!
We will wake you up very early to be able to take the first bus to Machu Picchu and be able to enter quietly. We will have a guided tour, in Machu Picchu, during the visit you will learn more about the Incas, as well as visit the most important areas of the citadel. After your tour, you will have free time to explore the site on your own, and if you have the permits, to ascend to Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu Mountain will be a good option. In the afternoon we will take the train back to Ollantaytambo finally we will transfer back to Cusco, this is the end of this Huchuy Qosqo trek to Machu Picchu.
- Professional bilingual guide.
- Assistant guide for groups of 9+.
- Mules to carry the kitchen and camping equipment and 15lbs / 07kg of their personal items.
- Pick up from your hotel and shuttle service from your hotel to the starting point of the Camino.
- Return transportation by train and bus to Cusco.
- Water (Excluding the first 4 hours of the walk when you need to take it on your own).
- 2 Breakfasts, 2 lunches, 2 lunches, and 2 dinners. If you have a dietary request as a vegetarian meal, please let us know.
- Dining tent with tables and chairs.
- Tents comfortable and spacious for 4 people, of brands – EUREKA / DOITE – (each tent will be used by 2 people).
- Hotel in Aguas Calientes. Day 2.
- Inflatable mattresses/mattresses for sleeping THERM-A-REST or REI (needs to be worn).
- Oxygen bottles.
- First aid kit.
- Entrance tickets to Machu Picchu.
- Bus from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu (round trip).
IT DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- Sleeping bag (you can rent it from us).
- Breakfast on the first day and lunch and dinner on the fourth day.
- Entrance to “Huayna Picchu” or “Machu Picchu Mountain”. Extra of US $ 30
- Travel insurance – it is strongly recommended to take out travel insurance for the duration of the trip.
THINGS TO TAKE:
- Original passport
- Current University Student Card (if you are a student and want to qualify for a discount price)
- Hiking/trekking boots
- Waterproof jacket/rain poncho
- Warm jacket
- Hat and gloves
- Poles (fast drying)
- Comfortable trekking pants
- Sun hat
- Sunscreen (SPF 35+)
- Insect repellent (We highly recommend a NATURAL repellent)
- Toiletries and hand sanitizer.
- Personal medication
- Camera and video camera.
- Flashlight with spare batteries (or an environmentally friendly option)
$500.00 dollars per person