Sacred Valley and Machu Picchu 2 day tour
Sacred Valley and Machu Picchu 2 day tour
Sacred Valley and Machu Picchu 2 day tour, is ideal for those people, who have limited time but looking to explore the Sacred Valley. Accompanied by a professional guide, you will visit some of the most important ancient sites of the Sacred Valley: Chinchero is a place that is Kown by the Textiles, then we are going to visit the salt mines next we are going to the experimental agricultural laboratory center known as Moray.
Finally, we are going to visit the Lost City of the Incas, Machu Picchu. where we have our great adventure, explore this Sacred Valley tour with one of the best tours Peru Magical Expeditions, Departures are available any day, throughout the year,
DAY 1: CUSCO -OLLANTA – AGUAS CALIENTES
The first day of Sacred Valley and Machu Picchu, we will come to pick you up very early to your respective hotel, then we are going to Chinchero, here you will visit the archeological sites, and the temple, after that we are going to visit one of the manufacture textiles, here we will have some explanation about the proses of this handmade work.
Our next stop will be Moray and its spectacular terraces or agricultural terraces with concentric rings, which have proved to be an experimental center to understand the repercussions of climate and temperatures on different types of crops or agricultural plants, even for their domestication.
After exploring Moray, we will descend a little to the salt mines of Maras, an important center of production that dates back to pre-Inca times. Here we will find more than 3,000 wells of salt coined along the mountain slope, which are filled daily by the water that seeps into the earth, what we refer to as tears of Mother Earth!
In the afternoon, we are heading to Ollantaytambo train station, here we are going to take the train to Aguas Calientes town, along your way you can see spectacular views, beautiful landscapes, snow-capped mountains, Andean terraces, and the Sacred River call Vicanota or Willcamayu, arriving at the town of Aguas Calientes. in this place You can go to the hot springs of the town before retiring to rest at your hotel. Accommodation at the hotel.
DAY 2: MACHU PICCHU AND RETURN TO CUSCO
Today we will pick you up very early then we are going to the bus station to take the first bus at 5.30 am is the departure of this bus, the bus ride last 25 minutes approximately, here we need to present our tickets for the entrance to the Citadel, here the tour guide will explain to you for about 2 hours, then you will have time to explore by yourself.
After that, we need to take the bus down to Aguas Calientes town, in this place you can have your lunch, then you must be 30 minutes before the departure of the train back to Ollantaytambo, then bus up to Cusco Town.
If you book in advance, we will arrange for you to ascend to Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu Mountain, that is not included in the price, normally Huayna Picchu is very limited, so is better to book like 3 months in advance.
- The hike to the peak of Huayna Picchu, a rigorous ascent with steep steps of Inca manufacture, has impressive sites and spectacular views, a round trip of 2 hours.
- The trek to Machu Picchu Mountain that has the most spectacular view, but at the same time is one of the most overlooked treks in Machu Picchu. Located to the southwest of the citadel of Machu Picchu with a height of 3,050 m (10,007 ft.), This walk offers unparalleled views of the famous Inca sanctuary and also panoramic views of the surrounding mountainous landscape. Difficulty: Moderate to challenging
- 1 night of accommodation in Aguas Calientes
- Vip Valley tour or Sacred Valley tour
- Train to Machu Picchu expeditions service ( round trip) or Inka Rail
- Entrance ticket to Machu Picchu
- Entrance ticket for Valle VIP OR Sacred Valley
- Transportation from your hotel in Cusco to Ollantaytambo
- Tour guide
- Bus ticket from Aguas Calientes up to Machu Picchu
- Entrance ticket to Huayna Picchu
- Upgrade to Vistadome train with Peru Rail $55 dollars
THINGS TO TAKE:
- Original passport Current University Student Card (if you are a student and want to qualify for a discount price)
- Waterproof jacket/rain poncho
- Warm jacket, Tshirts
- Comfortable pants
- Sun hat.
- Sun cream (factor 35 or higher)
- Repellent for insects.
- Personal medication
- Camera and camcorder
$435.00 dollar per person