Salkantay trek 4 days to Machu Picchu
Salkantay trek 4 days
The Salkantay trek 4 days to Machu Picchu, is one of the attractive places in Cusco Peru, enjoy and explore this trek in Cusco, Salkantay trek is another way to visit Machu Picchu, Kwon also as an alternative trek of the Inca Trail 4 days, this exciting trail is perfect for adventures people who want to do something different in the Peruvian Andes, living, admiring beautiful panoramas, and most importantly creating unique experiences with other hikers.
If you want to really explore the Andes, going through between mountains, admiring the snowcapped mountains, and creating unique experiences, come with us, this tour is highly recommended,
DAY 1: Cusco – Mollepata – Challacancha – Soraypampa
We always come, to your hotel One day before to give you some briefing about Salkantay trek 4 days, usually, the journey for this tour starts at 5.00 am, from the hotel that you are in. Salkantay trek 4 days is one of the tours for Andean lovers, and explorers, the bus will take us until Challacancha from Cusco City.
After 3 hours driving from Cusco, this time we will reach to Challacancha, here we will have our nutritious breakfast also we are going to introduce our horseman and the other staff for this attractive Salkantay trek to Machu Picchu, The first part of the path is a paved rock path. On the way, we will see the old water channel that still supplies water to new inhabitants. The first section is 9 km, which we will complete in 3 hours to get to Soraypampa.
After lunch and a nap, we will continue walking up to Humantay lake (4200 masl). This is a 5 km walk that will last 3 hours round trip. Once we arrive at the lake, we can observe this Humantay glacier and the impressive sunset. then after we enjoy the view of this lake, we are going down to Soraypampa, this is our base camp, overnight here.
DAY 2: Soraypampa – Paso Salkantay – Huayramachay – Chaullay
For this Salkantay Trek 4 days To Machu Picchu we will Wake you up to call early at 5:00 a.m. with one special Inca drink coca tea brought to your tent. Afterward, we packed quickly, enjoyed a quick breakfast and immediately began walking to the highest point of the Salkantay trail (4620 masl – 15,255 ft). The distance is 7 km that we must complete in 4 hours.
During the hike through the rocky valley, we can observe the magnificent Salkantay peak and we can even see chinchillas on the way (6217 masl – 20.341 ft). Once we reach the top of the trail, we will enjoy spectacular views of the mountains and the imposing snow peaks of Salkantay trek to Machu Picchu, Humantay, and Pumasillo.
Salkantay trek to Machu Picchu is considered the second highest mountain in the Cusco region and one of the main Inca gods known as “Apu Salkantay”. Walking to the top is the most difficult part of the whole trekking. You will feel so accomplished! The next 3 hours are dedicated to the descent on a snake trail along a gravel road and rocks to reach Huayracmachay, place to have lunch.
Today in the afternoon we will arrive at the top of the tropical forest, also called “cloud forest”. We will cover 9 km in 3 hours until we reach Challway Village (2900 masl – 9,514 ft) our base camp. During the second half of the day, during the descent, we will observe the thick forest that is decorated with colorful orchids and native plants. Most of the year the weather is warm and pleasant.
DAY 3: Chaullay – Collpapampa – Lucmabamba – Aguas Calientes
Around 5:30 am we will wake you up, with coca tea! Then, we had breakfast and then we will start walking. walking through the thick jungle and following the Salkantay riverbank on a gradual path. On the way, we stop at several family villages to enjoy the local fruits and vegetables (passion fruit, banana, coffee, avocado, mango, orange, and papaya).
If we are lucky, we can observe the famous bird called “The Cock of the Rocks”. The distance of the trail is 16 km and the walking time is 7 hours until we reach Lucmabamba, our base camp. Lucmabamba is a small town surrounded by coffee trees and can provide basic facilities (bathroom, electricity, shops, and souvenirs) and serves as our lunch spot.
After lunch, we take a local bus for an hour to Hidroeléctrico from there, we will continue walking along the train tracks until we reach Aguas Calientes. Once in the city, we check into our hotel, go out to dinner and then spend the night.
DAY 4: Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu – Ollantaytambo – Cusco
Today is a very Important day of this program Salkantay Trek 4 days, this time we are going to the bus station around, 5.20, approx, bus rides last about 30 minutes, to get up to Machu Pichu Park, here at this time we can see the beautiful Sunrise, also we can visit many different important places here in Machu Picchu, the tour guide will explain to you for about 2 hours.
after that you will have a free time to explore by yourself, this is the time to Hike up Huayna Picchu( not included in the price) for this you need to make sure to book the tickets in advance, this is very limited), after that we are going to take the bus down to Aguas Calientes town, here you can have lunch, also you can do it some extra activities such as visiting the Hot Spring,(10 soles is the entrance) after that we are going to take the train back to Ollantaytambo, then we will transfer in a bus to Cusco City.
- A pre-trek briefing.
- Entrance fees to Salkantay Mountain, including Machu Picchu.
- Train ticket. (Expedition Train Service 18:20)
- Transportation from Cusco to Challacancha (the starting point of hiking).
- Transportation from Ollantaytambo to Cusco.
- English speaking guide.
- Professional cook and an assistant cook
- Hotel in Aguas Calientes.
- Mules which carry group gear and large duffels provided by the company, for personal belongings.
- All food on the trek, which incorporates traditional Peruvian cuisine as well as modern fusion cuisine and specific dietary needs.
- Boiled water and snacks.
- Large Dining tent, table, stools, all cutlery, and kitchen tent
- Tents to overnight, and Thermarest. Two-person tents are provided for a single person and three-person tents for double people to provide plenty of space for personal gear.
- Additional horses for riding can be provided for an additional cost.
- First aid kit, including oxygen.
- Transportation from Ollantaytambo to Cusco.
IT DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- Entrance to hot springs in Cocalmayo (Santa Teresa) or other entertainments in Aguas Calientes
- Personal riding horse. Additional horses may be rented according to the needs of the individual and group.
- Bus ticket from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu.
- The first breakfast as well as lunch and dinner on the 4th day in Aguas Calientes.
- Personal trekking gear including, backpacks, trekking poles, sleeping bags. However, they may be rented from the company.
- Gratuity for guides, cooks, and horseman.
- Travel insurance – it is strongly recommended to take out travel insurance for the duration of the trip.
THINGS TO TAKE:
- Original passport
- Current University Student Card (if you are a student and want to qualify for a discount price)
- Hiking/trekking boots
- Waterproof jacket/rain poncho
- Warm jacket
- Hat and gloves
- Poles (fast drying)
- Comfortable trekking pants
- Sun hat
- Sunscreen (SPF 35+)
- Insect repellent (We highly recommend a NATURAL repellent)
- Toiletries and hand sanitizer.
- Personal medication
- Camera and video camera.
- Flashlight with spare batteries (or an environmentally friendly option)
$450.00 dollars per person