Palcoyo Rainbow Mountain full day tour.
Furthermore, this lovely Palcoyo Rainbow Mountain tour provides a more leisurely option and is ideal for those who do not want to hike 6 hours round trip as in the standard one-day tour to Vinicunca Rainbow Mountain, which has a difficult uphill ascent.
If you’re short on time and want to see impressive landscapes without committing to too much hiking, then Palcoyo or the “alternative Palcoyo Rainbow Mountain tour” is a very interesting option as a day trip from Cusco; additionally, if you are not good at walking, have problems with altitude, or don’t like overcrowded attractions, Book our Tour to Palccoyo Rainbow Mountain, you will love it!
Day trips to Palcoyo are available as part of any Magical Peru Expeditions, Tours tailormade trip. If you enjoy hiking, adventure, nature, the Andes, and Inca history, you should visit Palcoyo. Explore a truly magical landscape of painted-colored mountains and sweeping red valleys in the Andes with us, and have the adventure of a lifetime with experienced guides — This Palccoyo Mountain experience is officially operated by Peru Spirit Adventure, a 100% local tour operator based in Cusco.
This delightful tour to three Rainbow Mountains Palccoyo is suitable for hikers of all ages and abilities. The highest point on the tour is 5,040 meters (16,534 feet), so we recommend staying in Cusco for a few days before the tour to acclimate.
Please keep in mind that the driving and walking times, time at each site, and departure/arrival times are all estimates based on a variety of factors such as road conditions, weather, van size, group pace, and so on.
Enjoy stunning views of the Palccoyo “Rainbow” Mountain while avoiding the crowds.
- On the Palccoyo Mountain one-day tour, marvel at the stunning Andes mountain range and see the llamas and alpacas.
- Stroll through the fascinating Rock Forest and take in the spectacular views of the Red Valley and Ausangate Mountain.
- Pass through these hidden landscapes of traditional living within the Rainbow Mountain region on your hike.
- Stop along the way at the charming village of Checacupe to see the Colonial and Inca bridges.
Day 01: Cusco – Palccoyo Rainbow Mountain – Checacupe – Cusco
We will pick you up from your Cusco hotel at 5:00 a.m. on the morning to the Palccoyo Rainbow Mountain Tour. We then took a scenic drive through the South Valley on the Cusco-Puno highway, passing through many colorful colonial towns. Arrived in Checacupe after nearly two and a half hours on the road to the alternative rainbow mountain.
From here, we take a detour onto a dirt road and travel for an hour in our private transport to the trailhead for our one-day trek to Palccoyo (4,900 meters/ 16,076 feet). We begin our gentle ascent towards the first lookout point at this point. We’ll get our first glimpse of Peru’s incredible Red Valley and several smaller colored mountains after about 15 or 20 minutes. We continue for another 15 or 20 minutes until we reach the main Palccoyo Rainbow Mountain lookout after admiring the breathtaking views and getting that Instagram-perfect shot.
You’ll feel on top of the world at 5,040 meters (16,534 feet)! Beautiful views of the three Rainbow Mountain Palccoyo peaks laying across one another, as well as the most unique views of Ausangate (6.375 meters/ 20.915 feet), the highest snow-capped mountain in the Cusco region, can be found here. Bring a thermos! It can get very cold at these high elevations.
Then there will be an optional extra hike through Palccoyo’s Rock Forest, where you can take a well-deserved break while admiring the view, and then we have the option to continue on to the Rock Forest. This fascinating geological feature, a stunning outcropping of jagged rocks, is about a 20-minute uphill hike away. This is an excellent sport for getting more of those classic Palccoyo shots and taking in everything Mother Nature has to offer.
Peru Palcoyo Mountain full-day tour
After exploring the area and taking in the breathtaking view. We walk back down the path we came after admiring the scenery and amazing painted landscapes. Enjoy our box lunch and explore the small bridge. finally our transport back to Cusco (about a 2 to 2.5-hour drive) and drop you off at Cusco city.
- 5:00 a.m. is an estimated departure time.
- Arrival in Cusco is expected between 5:30 and 6 PM.
- 4 km walking distance (6km counting the walk to the Rock Forest)
- Total walking time should be between 2 and 3 hours.
- Breakfast and a box lunch
- 4900 m is the minimum altitude (16,076ft)
- Maximum elevation: 5040 m (16,534 ft)
- The night before the trek, give a pre-trip briefing and answer any questions.
- In the morning, we will collect you from your hotel or from our departure point (you choice)
- Throughout the tour, you will have private transportation.
- Professional English-speaking tour guide
- Breakfast in a small box, a bottle of water, snacks, and a box lunch
- Dietary requirements: capable of catering to any dietary preference/need
- Emergency oxygen tank and first-aid kit
- Access to the Ausangate/Rainbow trail and the colonial bridge Private transportation back to your Cusco hotel
- Walking sticks (poles must have intact rubber bottoms)
- Travel interruption insurance as well as travel medical/evacuation insurance (required)
- Tipping your guide(s) and trek staff is optional, but highly recommended if you enjoy your trek.
- A day pack that is both lightweight and waterproof.
- Strong hiking boots
- Warm clothing and hiking pants, rather than jeans
- Layers of clothing for changing temperatures
- Extra film and batteries for the camera
- Sun protection includes sunscreen, a hat, and sunglasses.
- Thermals, wool socks, gloves, scarf, and hat made of wool
- Extra plastic bags, particularly during the rainy season
- Wear waterproof clothing or a rain poncho.
- Bottles of water
- A simple whistle is included in a personal medical kit.
- Extra cash for souvenirs, drinks, and tips
- Walking canes (rentable)
- Snacks of choice
- Toilet tissue
We require a minimum of 02 hikers for the Palccoyo Rainbow Mountain Tour – 1 Day. The cost is determined by the size of the group. Once booked, the departure is 100% guaranteed. We guarantee an unforgettable experience by organizing this tour. Private treks, solo trekkers, customized treks, large groups, and packages are all welcome! Please send us an email to customize